首頁

尾頁

洋房

積分: 94

1#
發表於 04-3-14 22:55 |顯示全部帖子

Re: 星加坡旅遊日記!

Hi melvinma,

How nice to know that you returned from Singapore. I will move to Singapore next month since my husband will be relacated to work there.

I would like to have your advice in the following points: -

1. We're thinking about renting a Condo. in Orchard Road or East Coast ? Any comment to these areas or any other suggestions ?? My husband will work in World Trade Centre.

2. Anything I must bring to Singapore ? Clothes ?? Food ?? Electric appliances ??

3. My daughter is 2 years old now. Do you know any good nursery or playgroup in Singapore ?

4. Any culture differences I should be aware of ?

Thanks.

洋房

2#
發表於 04-5-27 16:27 |顯示全部帖子

Hi melvinma

My family and I moved to Singapore about 1-1/2 months. Everything is fine, except I have to take some time to adjust myself to the frozen fishes and chickens here.

Do you have any comment on :

1. Where could I buy the live fish (most of them are forzen) ? Wet market ? (The wet market opens very early. I used to go there at 10am, but it seems that everything is gone.)

2. Where can I buy "ork neck meat" ? I cannot find it in Coldstorge, Carriefour or other supermarkets. It's easy to buy from ParkNshop in Hong Kong.

3. Is the sales in late May/June a real big sales in Singapore ? I saw that Robinsons and some other department stores are on sales now.

Thanks.

洋房

3#
發表於 04-6-1 22:12 |顯示全部帖子

I found one Ya Kun Kaya Toast outlet on Orchard Road. It is located in the basement of Takashimaya Department Store's food centre. I think this outlet is most convenient to tourists.

Hope all of you will enjoy your trip in Singapore.

洋房

4#
發表於 04-6-3 20:29 |顯示全部帖子

I found that Singaporeans like baking. The bakewares, mixers and stand mixers here are cheaper than Hong Kong. The choices are more as well. You can look for these items in department stores.

洋房

5#
發表於 04-6-18 17:53 |顯示全部帖子

Hi AA-ma

I moved to SG this April due to husband's work relocation too. I am just settled down in my apartment. Please feel free to let me know if you want info. on any specific area.

BLaw

洋房

6#
發表於 04-6-18 18:06 |顯示全部帖子

BK friends from Hong Kong

If you are coming to SG from 18 to 20 June, a magazine (The Singapore Women's Weekly) has an offer to the readers. They are 15% discount on every item you purchased from John Little valid from June 18 to 20 and 15% discount on any two items from menswear purchased in Marks & Spencer valid till July 18. The cost of the magazine is SG$3.2. You can buy this magazine from the cashier of John Little while checkout your purchase.

洋房

7#
發表於 04-6-19 15:10 |顯示全部帖子

Hi peaho,

It's nice to know that you are living in SG. Do you work here ? I have a 27 months littel girl. We may have a cup of coffee when the other ready-to-come mummies are settled down.

洋房

8#
發表於 04-6-21 10:03 |顯示全部帖子

Kitty0303

SG uses the British electical system (220 Volts). All the electrical appliances in Hong Kong can be used in SG. Wall plugs are usually 3-leg. You can use adaptor for 2-leg sockets.

洋房

9#
發表於 04-6-23 13:33 |顯示全部帖子

melvinma

Thank you so much for this topic that make people know each other even though we are away from distance. You're right "他鄉遇故知".
We welcome you to meet us when you stay in Singpaore next year.

洋房

10#
發表於 04-6-29 13:21 |顯示全部帖子

It seems that a lot of people concerned about 印尼山火. In fact we were covered by haze in couple of days last week. But the sky was very clear from weekends onwards. Therefore, don't worry if you are planning to visit Singapore.

洋房

11#
發表於 04-7-7 11:14 |顯示全部帖子

AA-ma

Nice to knowing that you are coming soon. Actually, I'm not sure and never heard complaints/warnings from local people about the security in East Coast. I feel SG is safe in general.

My husband kicked out East Coast from our list because his colleaque told him about being stuck in the traffic every morning. But if your husband going to the office earlier, it should not be a problem. I think traffic is busy everywhere during rush hours.

I'm putting concern on school more than others. Checking if there're enough choices on school before you make the decision. As far as I know, there are quite a lot of private nurseries, playschools and kindergartens in East Coast while International Schools are usually located in Central area.

Have a good house hunting.

BLaw

洋房

12#
發表於 04-8-9 13:13 |顯示全部帖子

Melvinma

I lived in Great World Serviced Apartment for the first month I arrvied SG. This is a child-friendly apartment with indoor and outdoor playgounds, swimming pool, free baby cot and cutlery, well- equiped kitchen, free shuttle bus to Orchard Road(5min to Ordchard), Chinatown and City Hall, shopping mall besides, and boardband, etc. You may visit their website at www.greatworld.com.sg.

The apartment has baby sitting services at very reasonable price, SG8.00 per hour. The amah who can speak Cantonese will come to your room and take care of the children. I used this service while I had to go out.

BLaw

洋房

13#
發表於 04-8-9 13:41 |顯示全部帖子

Machoma

If you're planning to go to the Snoopy Place at Plaza Singapura, it may be closed since July. You better give them a call before you go.

BLaw

首頁

尾頁

跳至